CUT TO LORELAI'S HOUSE
[Lorelai types on a laptop, staring at the screen.]
LORELAI: I knew it. [She dials the phone.]
RORY: Hello?
LORELAI: We have an e-mail relationship.
RORY: Hi.
LORELAI: [gasps] She speaks. She has the ability.
RORY: What's wrong?
LORELAI: Are you okay? Are you sick?
RORY: I'm getting over a cold. You knew that.
LORELAI: No, I didn't, because our once-wonderful relationship -- envy of all the world, more intimate than that of the naked couple in the "love is..." cartoons -- has degenerated into e-mail correspondence.
RORY: I'm sure I wrote that I had a cold.
LORELAI: No, you didn't.
RORY: In all those e-mails, I didn't mention it?
LORELAI: All those e-mails? I'm sorry, but you write less than the people offering to enlarge a piece of anatomy I do not possess.
RORY: I could have sworn I told you.
LORELAI: I just reread every e-mail you sent in the past ten days. No sickness mention, but you did share these gems: "Hey, what up? Is it freezing there, too? Ice." And, "Whew. Pooped." Then you added one of those obnoxious hieroglyphics that I can never read that are supposed to indicate you're laughing or smiling or frowning or vomiting. I don't know what.
RORY: That's a typo. I don't do cutesy symbols.
LORELAI: You're not even using verbs. That's not a relationship. Relationships need verbs.
RORY: Well yours aren't much better.
LORELAI: I'm not saying they are.
RORY: I can never get you on the phone.
LORELAI: [gasps] I can never get you!
RORY: You got me now.
LORELAI: Freak of nature. What do you look like. Do you look the same?
RORY: Hold on. My nose ring is itching.
LORELAI: Don't kid. I'm mad and needy, and I ended up going out to dinner alone with my parents, who bickered the whole time about which Beatle is alive and which is dead.
RORY: So, where'd they land?
LORELAI: John and Keith are dead. Paul and Bingo are still kicking. Play hooky tomorrow.
RORY: From what?
LORELAI: I don't know. Whatever you got. I know you're always busy, but let's do something.
RORY: What about the inn?
LORELAI: They can live without me for a day.
RORY: Tomorrow's actually good.
LORELAI: Really?
RORY: There's a newspaper thing, but I can skip that.
LORELAI: Cool! What do we do?
RORY: I don't know.
LORELAI: Mom said the summer clothing lines are out. Want to go shopping? We haven't done that in ages.
RORY: But we're both totally skint.
LORELAI: Huh? We're what?
RORY: We're skint -- broke. It's British.
LORELAI: Oh man, you've learned to speak British. I didn't even know about it.
RORY: You know what I mean.
LORELAI: So we won't buy anything. We'll just window-shop.
RORY: That could be fun.
LORELAI: It'll be like we're in an old movie, y'know? Walking around, window-shopping like Roz Russell and Ava Gardner on Fifth Avenue.
RORY: I'm with you.
LORELAI: Meet me at the inn, 10:00?
RORY: But it's been so long. How will we recognize each other?
LORELAI: We'll wear a rose in our lapels.
RORY: Or dangling from my nose ring.
LORELAI: You're kidding about that, right?
RORY: I'm leaving you in suspense.
LORELAI: Tomorrow at 10:00, Roz darling?
RORY: Till tomorrow, Ava dearest.this was the episode shown here 3 Saturdays ago...
Gilmore Girls marathon on studio23 this week?
and oh, i've always liked the name Ava :P

(not from the same episode)